- Maximum Transfer speed with optimal end-to-end throughput efficiency. The transfer performance scales with bandwidth independent of transfer distance and is resilient to packet loss.
- Congestion Avoidance and Policy Control – Automatic, full utilisation of available bandwidth with on-the –fly prioritisation and allocation of available bandwidth.
- Uncompromising security and reliability – Secure user/endpoint authentication offering 128 to 256 cryptography in transit and at rest.
- Monitoring and control – Real time feedback on progress, performance and bandwidth utilisation with detailed transfer history and logging.
- Outperforms alternative technologies to TCP which can include UDP traffic blasters, data caching, modified TCP, data compression and CDN.
Our technology eliminates the shortcomings of the traditional Transmission Control Protocols (TCP). TCP shortcomings include the following:
- Packet loss and increased latency
- TCP congestion avoidance algorithm exponentially reduces the transmission rate when it detects packet loss and therefore itself contributes to bottlenecks and inefficient bandwidth utilisation
- It creates a severe artificial throughput penalty over wide area networks
- Does not scale with bandwidth